Protecting your business from ID Theft
Business Fraud Protection through FVSBank
Protect your business from fraud
Frontline business fraud prevention starts with you. The business banking specialists at FVSBank can help.
- Know your rights.
- Train your staff on credit protection and business fraud prevention.
- Read your invoices – pay for only what you have ordered.
- Report credit fraud online or by calling 1-877-FTC- HELP.
Information like Social Security numbers, credit cards or other personal data that identifies customers and employees is often critical and necessary to running your business. However, your business has a legal obligation to protect this personal information from falling into the wrong hands. Safeguard your business banking information to protect your company from loss of customer trust or potential lawsuits with a sound security plan based on these five principles:
- Plan ahead - create a protection plan for responding to security incidents.
- Take stock – do an audit of what personal information you have in your files and computers. If you collect and keep sensitive information, you need to Get Secure and Stay Secure.
- Scale down – determine what information is needed to run your business and collect only what is needed.
- Lock it – protect the information that you keep.
- Pitch it - properly dispose of files or data you don’t need anymore.
Some businesses have additional liabilities for protecting clients from identity theft. For more information on laws regarding Fighting Fraud with the Red Flags Rule, watch the how to guide.
Related Business Fraud Protection Topics:
- Protecting Personal Information: A Guide for Business. Are you taking steps to protect personal information? Safeguarding sensitive data in your files and on your computers is just plain good business. After all, if that information falls into the wrong hands, it can lead to fraud or identity theft.
- Privacy Initiatives educates consumers and businesses about the importance of personal information privacy, including the security of personal information.
- OnGuard Online provides practical tips from the federal government and the technology industry to help computer users be on guard against Internet fraud, secure their computers, and protect their personal information.