EnFact Fraud Detection
Help us prevent fraud
To protect your bank account, FVSBank monitors debit card and ATM transactions for potentially fraudulent activity through a Fraud Detection Program called EnFact. Potentially fraudulent activity may include a sudden change in locale (such as when a U.S.-issued card is used unexpectedly overseas or in a foreign country), a sudden string of costly purchases, or any pattern associated with new fraud trends around the world.
If we suspect fraudulent ATM or debit card use, our monitoring agency will be calling you to validate the legitimacy of your suspect transactions.
You may be called
If fraudulent ATM or debit card use is suspected on your bank account, you will be called to validate the legitimacy of your transactions. Your participation in responding to our call is critical to prevent potential risk and avoid restrictions we may place on the use of your ATM or debit card.
- Our automated call center will ask you to verify recent transaction activity on your card.
- You’ll be asked to verify your identity and provide your 5 digit ZIP code.
- You’ll be able to respond via your touchtone keypad.
- You’ll also be provided a toll-free number to call should you have additional questions.
At FVSBank, our goal, quite simply, is to minimize your exposure to risk and the impact of any fraudulent activity on your bank accounts.
1. Unless absolutely required for a legitimate business purpose, avoid giving out your:
- Address and ZIP Code
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- ATM, Debit or Credit Card or Bank Account Number
- ATM, Debit or Credit Card Expiration Date
Your PIN is private; NEVER give it out
2. In stores and at ATMs, always cover your bank card and PIN, and watch for:
- Cell phone cameras, mirrors or other tools used to view cards and PINs
- People watching your transactions
- Cashiers taking your card out of sight; take it to the register yourself
- Any unusual activity at ATMs; if you feel uncomfortable, go to another ATM
- Any device or coverings on the card slots of ATMs; if you see this do not insert your card and go to another ATM
3. Online, you should never respond to unsolicited emails that:
- Ask you to verify your credit or debit card or bank account number; such emails are not sent by legitimate businesses
- Links to websites; such sites can look legitimate but may collect data or put spyware on your computer
It is the policy of FVSBank to NEVER solicit customer information or identification, numbers or passwords, via email. If you are approached with such an offer, do not reply to the email and instead contact FVSBank immediately. For more information on how to protect your bank accounts, please contact your local Fox Valley Savings Bank location in Waupun, Fond du Lac or Oshkosh, Wisconsin.