Security Tips for Online Banking
Online banking is secure, as long as you carefully manage your personal information.
At FVSBank, we take security very seriously for our online banking customers. With every advance in security technology, criminals work to find a way around it. We're dedicated to keeping our banking customers as safe as possible. Contact your local FVSBank in Waupun, Fond du Lac or Oshkosh, Wisconsin for more information on how to keep your online banking information secure.
What to do if your online banking information has been stolen.
If you believe your online banking information is at risk, it's very important that you act quickly and do the following:
1. Cancel your credit cards immediately; the key is having the toll-free numbers and your card numbers handy.
2. File a Police Report. This proves to credit providers that you were diligent, and it is a first step toward an investigation if there is one.
3. Call the three national credit reporting organizations immediately to place a fraud alert on your name and Social Security Number. This alert means that any company that checks your credit knows your online banking information was stolen and they have to contact you by phone to authorize new credit.
- Equifax: (800) 685-1111
- Experian: (800) 493-1058
- Trans Union: (800) 916-8800
4. Call your bank to report the incident.