Looking for a mortgage loan in Oshkosh, Waupun, or Fond du Lac, WI? FVSBank has been part of your community in the Fox Valley region since 1934. With local advising, local decision-making, and local processing—we keep your home mortgage close to home.
- Competitive Rates
- Local Processing
- Quick Decisions
Understand the steps in the mortgage application process:
- The Application: Get pre-qualified to know how much you can afford to borrow.
- Approval: The primary factors in getting approved for a mortgage include credit score, debt-to-income ratio, and down payment amount.
- Closing Day: With hybrid e-signing, you have the option to sign your papers the day of closing or sign some electronically. You also have payment options, including wire, direct debit, or a cashier's check.
A Fixed Rate Mortgage is a home loan with the same interest rate over the course of the loan. Choose between a 10, 15, 20, or 30-year term - plus anything in between.
An ARM loan is a home loan with an interest rate that adjusts over time based on the benchmark rate it’s tied to. Adjustable-rate mortgages can also have an introductory period with a fixed rate. After that period ends, your monthly payment may change at certain intervals based on adjustments to your interest rate.
- Principal: The amount you originally borrowed that you are paying off
- Interest: The cost of borrowing that principal amount
- Mortgage Insurance: If you put less than 20% down, you may have to pay a private mortgage insurance premium (PMI) each month
- Escrow: Your lender collects a certain amount of money each month to put into an escrow account until your property taxes and homeowners’ insurance premiums are due.
Buying a home is a big decision, but you don’t have to go through it alone. Conveniently located in Waupun, Fond du Lac, and Oshkosh, Wisconsin, our home loan specialists are here to guide you through the homebuying process. For more information on our home mortgage rates and options, please contact one of our home loan specialists to learn more. You can also start the application process online.