We're dedicated to making an impact.
We are committed to making a positive impact in all the places we call home but cannot do so alone. That's why we partner with community organizations across our footprint that are dedicated to improving one or more of the elements of a successful community. We provide support in the form of donations, sponsorships, financial education, and volunteerism. Read further to learn more and to request support.
Community Sponsorships & Capital Donations
FVSBank is proud to support nonprofit organizations and community events that are important to our communities, our customers, and our associates. We do this by providing community sponsorships and capital or major donations that align with our community focus areas. We review requests for support on a monthly basis to ensure timely decisions are provided to our community partners.
A community sponsorship is defined as unrestricted financial support to a nonprofit organization in association with a community event or other general fundraising effort for the primary purpose of providing support to the organization. This can include but is not limited to:
- Fundraisers or other events (i.e. galas, festivals, luncheons, parades)
- General activities/operations of an organization
- Season "sponsorships" for organizations
A capital or major donation is defined as restricted financial support to a nonprofit organization in response to a major capital raised by the organization to fund a specific project or program. This can include but is not limited to:
- Capital campaigns
- Construction, renovations, or other major projects the organization is undertaking
Investing in YOUth
Embracing a larger role in our communities with financial education for the next generation.
We are on a mission to support our communities through financial education for the next generation. We partner with elementary, middle, high schools, and youth organizations within our footprint to offer children exposure to financial wellness education. Our offerings include:
- Career Fairs & Mock Interviews – At FVSBank it is important to us to help support your school’s needs throughout the year. Please email [email protected] with your upcoming events and we will do our best to find volunteers.
- Financial Education Presentations – We offer financial education presentations designed through collaboration between your school/organization and financial education coordinator. These presentations are designed to improve financial literacy and understanding of the banking industry. Topics include goal setting, budgeting, savings, and credit. Presentations are offered virtually or in the classroom and can be tailored to meet your group’s needs and goals. Email us here ([email protected]) to learn more! (GRADES K – 12)
- Get Smart About Credit – An annual campaign centered around educating high school students on the ins and outs of understanding and building their credit. These presentations are hosted in individual classrooms during the Fall term. Each school has a different curriculum, so we are open to presenting to whichever high school classes make the most sense for your students. (GRADES 9 – 12)
- Teach Children to Save – An annual campaign to help educate 4th-grade students across our communities on saving, goal setting, and budgeting. This campaign runs during the months of April & May. All 4th-grade classes within our footprint are eligible to sign up. (GRADE 4)
- Other – Do you have a learning objective that you think FVSBank can help you accomplish? Whether it’s career, professionalism, or financial education-related, we are always open to talking it through! Email us with your ideas and we are happy to let you know whether or not we can make it happen.
FVSBank associates become a key component to strengthening our communities when they volunteer their time or donate to a cause. That's why we give each associate eight hours of paid volunteer time per year as well as offer select associated directed giving and donation matching programs.
If your organization has a volunteer opportunity available for FVSBank associates, please email us the information and we'll respond as soon as possible.