Does your business need new, additional, or expanded space? Let us help you build a Construction Loan with the terms that best fit your business needs. We’ll even hammer out the decision-making and processing locally in Fond du Lac, Oshkosh, Waupun, and the Fox Valley area. From application to grand opening, we’ve made local business dreams a reality since 1934.
- Competitive Rates
- Local Processing
- Quick Decisions
We offer competitive financing options on business construction loans for a wide range of business expenses:
- Short-term loan solution
- Competitively low-interest rates for the construction of commercial properties
- Available for owner-occupied properties
- Smooth transition to permanent financing
- Consolidated closing costs save money
- Local decision-making and processing right here in Wisconsin
- Attentive, relationship-based service from the start
Commercial construction loans are short-term loans that are used to finance the building or renovation of a commercial building. Funds are disbursed in a series of draws as construction progresses instead of a single lump-sum payment. Once the project is done, the borrower can convert short-term construction financing to a longer-term commercial mortgage.
- Down payment: Down payments will typically range from 10% - 30% and will vary depending on the borrower’s qualifications.
- Specific construction plans: Will require a copy of your building plans. A list of the building materials, their quality and cost may also be necessary.
- Credit score: Higher score applicants are more likely to receive approval and qualify for lower interest rates.
- Debt-to-income ratio: A business’s debt-to-income (DTI) ratio is a common indicator of a borrower’s ability to repay a loan. Borrowers should aim for a DTI ratio of 43% before applying for a construction loan.
Growing your business with a new location or expanded space is an exciting time, but it can also be stressful. Trust the process to an experienced lender like FVSBank who can guide you through the process.
To get started, complete our online form for a new business loan application. One of our business bankers will be in touch within one business day to help you complete the process. You can also visit one of our branch locations in Fond du Lac, Oshkosh, or Waupun, WI. Check out our complete suite of Business Services and meet our team of Business Bankers!